My wife and I are thinking about moving to Stevensville. We aren't worried about the commute to work (Baltimore, me & Columbia, her), we're more worried about the commute home...especially in the summer. If anyone who commutes back and forth on a regular basis can tell us what the Bay Bridge is like throughout the year and what we can expect, we'd appreciate it. Thanks!
Its not bad on a regular basis. Actually, getting thru Annapolis is the bigger problem. I've been commuting here from DC for 24 years and the current afternoon traffic situation is much improved over what it used to be. There will be several "Commutes from Hell" now and then.
Post by einebierbitte on Jan 15, 2012 21:54:43 GMT -4
We moved here in 2004 from overseas and had no idea what the commute would be like! But here we are almost 8 years later and I still commute to DC and Hubby commutes to Columbia.... 90% of the time we get home on time... The other 10 percent all depends on what time of day you hit the traffic, the occasional wrecks, the weather, tourist traffic etc. You just learn when is the best time to go across the bridge. I take a bus, DH drives...
I am the girl that when my feet hit the floor in the morning, the devil shudders in his lair and says... Oh Crap She's up!!!!!!
The backup through Parole and over the Severn River Bridge is annoying most days and a problem on a few. My commute is from Columbia and that is the Severn River Bridge is much more of a problem than the Bay Bridge 95% of the time.
I think there were about ten days in 2011 that the Bay Bridge backup was a problem. Usually, the backups are predictable like the Friday before Memorial Day or around the Fourth of July. Occasionally, there will be an accident near the bridge and that generally messes things up for the rest of the night.
When I find myself on the wrong side of an surprise afternoon backup, I make a quick detour to Crownsville, Parole, or Annapolis for dinner. Usually, things clear out while I'm eating and it's smooth sailing after that.
What I am saying is that we have some of the stupidest d**ned people that breathe, and we are paying them only for breathing. -- Unverified I think your [sic] a little full of yourself, must be all the power of being global moderator! -- Forum member
marketingzet: This is really helpful this is great post thank for share your post i really like.. Dumpster Rental
Sept 2, 2019 1:42:23 GMT -4
kerry: Does anyone know what will replace the Kmart in Stevensville?
Oct 1, 2019 11:41:59 GMT -4
mark12: locksmith leicester provides best locksmith services.
Dec 18, 2019 3:03:11 GMT -4
jdavid: Any recommendations for a plumber or handyman to replace a kitchen faucet?
Dec 28, 2019 10:35:25 GMT -4
jamsoft17: Thanks mate, If someone is looking for recommendations about buying Laptops or having any issue related to laptop, he/she can read our articles at buymelaptops.com/to get solutions. Cheers.!
Mar 26, 2020 5:47:17 GMT -4
sherrydotson: I worked for a door to door selling do all cleaner. It was back in 1983. But people liked the product
Apr 19, 2020 10:41:56 GMT -4
sherrydotson: In 1983 I worked for a company that sold cleaner called do all door to door and people loved it
Apr 19, 2020 10:43:21 GMT -4
jamsoft17: In Louisiana USA, Minecraft fishing is one of the most famous fishing kind. But one should be experienced and guided to do fishing or any kind of hunting. Get details for fishing and hunting here. bubbaofficial.com/
Jun 3, 2020 7:08:23 GMT -4